Tips to Avoid Car Sickness
Car trips are so much fun and thrilling. However, for people who are prone to car sickness, car trips are anything but relaxing. Upcoming car trips make them feel anxious and stressed. Even the thought of being on a moving air-conditioned car with closed windows make them feel dizzy. Unfortunately, this group of people is deprived of the feeling of excitement and exhilaration that comes with road trips. Do not be disheartened. Here, in this blog by the Carville’s Auto Mart dealership in Grand Junction, CO, we present some helpful tips to avoid car sickness.
What Can You Do to Prevent Car Sickness?
- Never eat heavy, oily meals before the trip. Have light meals that are easy to digest. This will help minimize the feeling of nausea.
- If you are nauseated, do not bend down or tilt your head. It will aggravate the feeling. Keep your chin up and avoid watching anything on the phone.
- During long drives in an air-conditioned car with closed windows, it would be wise to take frequent breaks. Open the windows and feel the breeze outside occasionally.
- If nothing works, you can always rely on kitchen remedies for nausea, such as ginger ale or ginger candies. These will also help soothing down your nerves. You can also have over-the-counter anti-vomiting medicines about fifteen minutes before the drive starts.
- Sleeping is also one of the best ways to survive car sickness. It will help with the feeling of dizziness. You can use a comfortable pillow for enhanced support.
Next time you plan for a long drive, revisit these tips and see the difference for yourself.
Read more: Find Peace with the 2023 Hyundai Palisade
Are you looking for a good quality used car? Look no further! Please visit us at the Carville’s Auto Mart dealership in Grand Junction, CO, and explore our inventory. We will be pleased to assist you.