If you’re looking for a vehicle to serve as the perfect companion for your road trips and daily commutes, you’ve no doubt taken a look at how efficient your desired models are. Here at Carville’s Auto Mart, we offer a healthy selection of cars that can achieve greater than 30 highway miles per gallon, and we also have an easy method to share with you about how to calculate your used vehicle’s fuel economy for yourself. Check it out the next time you fill up at the pump!
Steps for figuring out fuel efficiency for yourself
Luckily for all of us, it’s really simple to figure out how well you’re doing between trips to the gas station. Check out our method for calculating your fuel economy below!
- The next time you head out to the pump, make a reading of your vehicle’s mileage reading on its odometer. You’ll need this for future steps.
- Make sure to fill up your tank to capacity for this method to be fully accurate.
- Drive as you normally would, ideally with a mix of both highway and city usage.
- When you go back to the gas station, make a note of your vehicle’s new reading. Then subtract your original reading from the new number.
- Fill up your tank and keep tabs on how much gas it takes to fill up. Then divide the difference of miles from how much gas is needed.
For this example, let’s say that you drove 250 miles between trips to the pump. If it took you 10 gallons to get your tank back to capacity, you achieved 25 combined mpg this time around!
Test drive an efficient sedan in Grand Junction CO
We have a wide selection of fuel efficient sedans, hatchbacks, crossovers and more at Carville’s Auto Mart. If you’re interested in getting behind the wheel of one, feel free to contact our sales team today! We’re always happy to help you learn more about the vehicles that interest you the most.